Ghana News

11-year-old boy electrocuted at Ateiku Kojokrom

Listen To Article

Eleven-year-old Solomon Amabre, a class 3 pupil at Methodist Primary school at Ateiku in the Wassa East district has reportedly been electrocuted at Ateiku. Solomon met his untimely death on Saturday, 30th October, 2020 around 4 pm.

 

According to some residents of Ateiku Kojokrom, the deceased and his friends were playing around a low tension pole close to the Ateiku Health Center where there was a suspended live wire that has been there for the past two months.  In the course of playing, the deceased ignorantly touched the live wire where he was abruptly electrocuted.

 

Mr. Larbi Gorege who is the father of the deceased reported that the parents were at a funeral when they received a shocking message that their son was dead. Mr Larbi hinted that upon receipt of the message, they took an early shower from the funeral only to see the lifeless body of their son Solomon Amabre.

He disclosed that the case was immediately reported to the police who after the assessment of the situation instructed that the body must be deposited at the Twifo Praso government mortuary for medical examination.

 

Mr Augustine Edward, Tarkwa district engineer for the Electricity Company of Ghana together with his team of officials from Tarkwa who are in charge of the Wassa East district power supply also expressed their condolences to the bereaved family and assured them that they would subsequently issue an official report on the incident.

Source: MyNewsGhana.net

 

 

997
NDC POLL

Who Is Your Preferred NDC Ticket For 2024 Elections?

Send Your Stories to email: editor@mynewsghana.com or Whatsapp: 0576270779

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Back to top button