37-year-old man electrocuted to death

Listen To Article

A 37-year old man has died after being electrocuted when he tried to change over from generator power to the main grid while watching TV in Sapele, Delta State.

 

The incident was said to have happened on Sunday August 6, at about 1:35 pm along Oleh road in the timber town.

 

William Madu, who works with a water processing company, was watching a sitcom in his house when the power company restored power. He stood up to put change over but was electrocuted.

 

A source told Vanguard: “He left his one-room to switch off the generator set and the next thing we heard was a little boy screaming, we dashed out to find him struggling with the wire and we had to switch off power from the building before we could rescue him.”

 

The source added that William gave up the ghost before they could get to the hospital. His body has been deposited in a morgue.

 

William was the sole breadwinner in his family and was the only male child of his father.

 

Upon hearing the news of his son’s death, the deceased’s father fainted and had to be revived by neighbours.

 

Get the news on Whatsapp. Click Here To Join Our Whatsapp Group

Send Your Stories to email: editor@mynewsghana.com or Whatsapp: 0576270779

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Back to top button