Apologize or face me in court – Sam George to Hadzide, 3 others

0

The Member of Parliament for Ningo Prampram, Samuel Nartey George has issued a 7-day ultimatum to some individuals including government officials to withdraw some public comments they made about him in the wake of the violence in the Ayawaso West Wuogon constituency last week.

He also wants them to apologize for the comments which he said were defamatory or risk being dragged to court.
The legislator in a Citi News interview said he has since officially written to the individuals to notify them of his demand.

The individuals are Rtd. Captain Budu Koomson; Deputy Information Minister, Pius Hadzide; a Deputy Communications Director of the NPP, Richard Nyamah, and a Minister of state-in-charge of National Security, Bryan Acheampong.

Sam George said the four persons while commenting on the scuffle that rocked the Ayawaso West Wuogon constituency by-election last Thursday and saw him being assaulted by some uninformed persons, attacked his person unfairly in various media engagements.

“I have written official letters to a couple of individuals who in the cause of commentary on this matter have made some comments tarnishing my image. I have written to them to give then a 7-day ultimatum to withdraw and apologize for the defamatory comments they made about my person. Failure which will attract the necessary legal action,” he said.

Latest Ghana News Headlines

For today’s latest Ghana news, visit our headlines page Ghana news headlines.

The Ningo Prampram legislator on Tuesday was escorted by the members of the Minority in Parliament to honour an invitation by the Criminal Investigations Department of the Ghana Police Service over the Ayawaso West Wuogon violence.

Reports from a polling station within the constituency on the day of voting indicated that some masked men who were heavily armed had fired sporadic gunshots and physically assaulted some persons.

The identities of the masked men and whose instructions they were working under was not known until the Minister of State in Charge of National Security, Bryan Acheampong disclosed in a Citi News interview that they were security personnel sanctioned by the state.

Before then, the police hierarchy had denied knowledge of the security force.

Several civil society organizations and interest groups have condemned the brutalities meted out to civilians during the by-elections.

Do you have a news item that should be featured on My News Ghana? 

Please send to [email protected]. For advertisement enquiries, partnerships, complaints etc. please call +233 0545064096

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here