JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a leader in global health, is non-profit public health management consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world.
This is a full-time position that will be based in districts in the Western Region, Ghana. The role of the Nurse Assistant – Clinical (Enrolled Nurse) will be to act as project liaisons /focal points in specific Ghana Health Service (GHS) ART facilities and collaborate with personnel there to provide quality and comprehensive HIV services for PLHIVs (including KPs), by actively managing successful community referrals, and ensuring their linkage to the desired facility-based care and treatment services.
- Collaborate with HF management and personnel and participate in activities for assessment, planning and implementation of interventions for addressing patient care problems of PLHIV.
- Actively engage PLHIV, and all new cases to support their participation in treatment and care programs available at the facility
- Undertake and demonstrate nursing tasks in the best interest of patient care and professional standards.
- Together with facility team, maintain a safe patient care environment at all times
- Ensure promotion of health and prevention of illnesses, teaching patients and their relatives about appropriate behaviors.
- Adhere to the national health and safety policies, guidelines/protocols established in the health facility
- Take care of own safety and take all measures to ensure the safety of the patient, relatives, and staff – reporting all accidents, risk assessments, and incidents, completing relevant documentation and undertake a further investigation as directed.
- Comply with the GHS quality assurance policy and guidelines and work within the prescribed quality standards.
- Participate in project activities in the district, and also in all official role-related activities.
- Any other duty assigned by the project supervisor.
• Community Health Nurse Certificate (Clinical). Knowledge of Ghana Health Service HIV AIDS activities will be an advantage.
• Knowledge of ART services, prevention of mother to child transmission (PMTCT), reproductive health, maternal and child health (MCH), and HIV prevention are highly desirable.
• Knowledge and understanding of quality assurance issues
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Good inter-personal skills
• Ability to initiate and maintain clear, concise documentation
• Ability to work under pressure
• Western Region language abilities and cultural awareness will be useful
• Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Location: Western Region
Deadline for the submission of applications: August 28, 2020.
How To Apply
To apply for this position send your CV and application letter to Ghana.email@example.com
Send Your Stories to email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp: 0576270779