Listen To Article
A 39 years old man whose name has been withheld is said to have swallowed a toothbrush which he was using to brush his teeth leading to a surgery been done on him to remove it before it causes harm to him.
According to reports, the man was using a brush with a length of 12cm which he was using to clean his throat when it slipped into his stomach.
He was said to have rushed to the nearby clinic after he swallowed it and was asked to go be transferred to a hospital where it was removed from his tummy.
Dr. Bomni Tayeng, a senior surgeon at Bakin Pertin General Hospital, Pradesh, India, said: ‘The patient was taken to a private hospital in Pasighat – from there he was referred to our hospital.
‘The ENT surgeon of our hospital investigated the patient and planned to conduct an esophagoscopy, while I checked the patient at around 6 pm.
‘The esophagoscopy procedure was conducted on September 16 morning, but the toothbrush couldn’t be found in the oesophagus – the muscular tube connecting the pharynx (throat) with the stomach.
‘This meant that the toothbrush had entered into the stomach.’
Send Your Stories to email: email@example.com or Whatsapp: 0576270779