1. Somewhere in November 2018, many Ghanaians took social media to predict certain ‘prophecies’ some so-called men of God were preparing to release on 31st December, 2018. Obviously, it has become a norm for prophets to predict deaths of politicians, musicians, actors and actresses, media personnel etc. in the following year on the eve of December 31 over the last five years.
2. It therefore did not come by surprise where Prophet Owusu Bempah predicted deaths on some prominent, old and celebrated leaders of the country. Notable amongst them were Former Presidents Mahama and Kuffour, Former First Lady Mrs Kuffour, Vice President Dr. Bawumia and, even, the President of the Republic, H.E Akufo-Addo, should he fail to build a national cathedral.
3. Ghanaians have been hearing and tolerating these irresponsible predictions which he claims have not been ‘confirmed’ for quite a long time until the so-called Prophet of God went ahead to prophesy the death of the National Chief Imam.
4. The result of this particular prophecy was the vandalization and attack on Owusu Bempah’s church and security man by some irate youth. I must be quick to condemn the act of these youth since it is wholly against the laws of the land but I must also shift every blame on the Charlatan who calls himself a Prophet. His act is highly irresponsible, non-prophetic, un-called for, illegal, non-biblical and provoking hence the illegal act by the irate youth.
5. Ghanaians must wake up. Some of these guys in cassocks are crooks and charlatans who are not from God. They are evil and are seeking to kill and destroy innocent souls, families and societies. Brethren, God is you (Human body). He created you just like Himself. Your body is the temple of God. Owusu Bempah is not God, and does not keep God in his church. If you want prosperity, find it in your workplace, home, or society. Those charlatans have nothing good to offer.
6. It is sad that High Government personnel have overly entertained these fake prophets for a long time and, they are becoming too powerful in the Ghanaian society. Their association with these so-called men of God should be minimized to save the country from doom.
7. The Government of Ghana should be thinking of setting laws to regulate the activities of churches. Churches and Church leaders are not above the law. Their activities must be checked to prevent civil and religious wars in our dear country. We cannot continue to sit aloof pretending not to know the results of these irresponsible acts by these fake prophets. Our eyes can be cast to Nigeria. The religious tension and the unnecessary kidnapping are happening because there is the absence of harmonious co-existence among religious bodies.
8. The National Peace Council, the Christian Council, the Ghana Pentecostal Churches, the Islamic Community, the Catholic Bishops Conference and all other religious bodies must come together to put an end to this ‘possible future chaos’. Let’s wake up and act wisely.
9. Happy new year to everyone.
10. Best regards!
Ekow Paintsil Djan
Do you have a news item that should be featured on My News Ghana?
Please send to [email protected]. For advertisement enquiries, partnerships, complaints etc. please call +233 0545064096