Top Story

Korle Bu maternity block never caught fire

The maternity block of the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital (KBTH) is not on fire as has been alleged on social media, the management of the health post has said.

A statement signed by the Head of Public Relations, Mr Mustapha Salifu, explained: “What happened was an air-conditioner switch in one of the restrooms of the doctors started emitting smoke, which was detected by some staff on duty at around 9 pm yesterday.”

“The staff on duty quickly used fire extinguishers to put out the fire before the arrival of the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS),” it added.

The hospital noted that, as a precautionary measure, some of the babies were moved to another wing of the same floor.

The statement stated that no patient or staff suffered any casualties or injury.

It said normal operations have resumed after an assessment done by the Ghana National Fire Service indicated that there was no further threat of danger to either patients or staff.

 

Source: Class fm

writer needed

Send Your Stories to email: editor@mynewsghana.com or Whatsapp: 0576270779

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Back to top button

Ad Blocker Detected

Please use a different browser like chrome or safari for better experience