Listen To Article
The governing New Patriotic Party General Secretary, John Boadu has released names of nine foreigners who attempted to register and acquire Ghanaians voters Identity cards.
According to him the exercise has been highly successful and commended the Electoral Commission, political parties, civil society groups, security services, the media, all stakeholders, and the good people of Ghana for their efforts.
Addressing the media in Accra, Mr. Boadu said “We should not confuse the genuine efforts to police the borders throughout the country to mean that the NPP is against anyone.”
“Elections in Ghana are for Ghanaians. Yet, as we speak, several Togolese and Nigerians have either been convicted or have their cases pending at the Keta circuit court charged with registering for a Ghanaian voter ID card.”
Names of persons on trial:
1. Okafor Wale, age 47 years; nationality, Nigerian.
Offense: Registered for Ghana voter ID card when not qualified to register. Convicted and Sentenced to 2years in hard labor by Keta Circuit Court on 30/07/20
2. Evoda Yao Dieu Donne, age 22 years, nationality Togolese.
Offence: Registered for Ghana voter ID Card when not qualified to register. Convicted and sentenced to 2 years in hard labor by Keta Circuit Court on 30/07/20
3. Emmanuel Philip, age 32, nationality Nigerian.
Offence: Register for Ghana Voter ID Card when not qualified. Case pending before Keta Circuit Court.
4. Jerry Azameti, age 28 years, nationality, Ghanaian; and
5. Abigail Tagbor age 20 years Ghanaian.
Offence: the two abetted Emmanuel Philip a Nigerian who is not qualified to register for Ghana voter ID card by standing as guarantors. Case pending before Keta Circuit Court.
6. Ekoume Sena, age 32 years, Togolese.
Offence: Register for Ghana Voter ID Card when not qualified to register. Case pending before Keta Circuit Court.
7. Ametame Raymond, age 33 years, Togolese.
Offence: Register for Ghana voter ID Card when not qualified to register. Case pending before Keta Circuit Court.
8. The arrest of sixty-six Ivorian nationals last week
9. The arrest yesterday of 12 Nigerians currently in custody at the Kotobabi police station in Accra, allegedly brought in to register by the NDC MP for the area.
My News Ghana is not responsible for the reportage or opinions of contributors published on the website. Read our disclaimer.
Send Your News Stories and General Inquiries to email@example.com or Whatsapp: 0576270779