The National Union of Ghana Students has on Thursday 11th April 2019 set up a five (5) member Committee to take a critical look at the Public University bill as proposed by the Ministry of Education.
The committee will collate the views of students and student leaders across the country to ensure that concerns, views and suggestions are formally laid before the Ministry of Education.
The union believes academic development is tied to the improvement of students’ governance and development and as such there is the need for much attention to be paid by the union on this bill.
The names of the members of the Committee are.
1. Mr. John Mark Bekui, a lawyer and a former SRC President of the University of Ghana.
2. Mr. Courage Kwasi Nobi, a former General Secretary of the NUGS and Graduate Student of the University of Professional Studies.
3. Mr. Pius Nimako, a student studying law at the Central University College and currently the General Secretary of NUGS.
4. Mr Kobby Otchere Marfo, a former student of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and technology and currently the Press and Information Secretary of NUGS.
5. Knollis Delle, currently the speaker of parliament of the University for Development Studies.
The committee is expected to complete its work and report to the president of the Union for onward submission to the Central Committee of the NUGS for necessary actions to be taken.
*Kobby Otchere Marfo*
*Press and Information Secretary, NUGS*
Please send us your articles for publication via [email protected]
Latest News In Ghana – Click Here to Read Our Latest News Stories