Seven women were found dead in a beauty salon in the Rijau Local Government Area of Niger State on Thursday, July 30.
The spokesperson of the state police command, Wasiu Abiodun, who confirmed this to newsmen, said the victims, two married women and five single ladies, had gone to the salon to make their hair in preparation for Sallah when they met their untimely death.
Eyewitnesses say the women died from inhaling fumes from the generator used in the salon. The area had experienced a heavy downpour that Thursday, which affected their power supply. In order to continue servicing her customers, the salon owner reportedly brought in a generator into the salon and closed the door. The women sadly inhaled the fumes, causing them to choke to death. While five of them died on the spot, two others died in the hospital where they were rushed to.
Wasiu said the bodies have been released to the families for burial and investigations into the incident have commenced.
Send Your Stories to email: email@example.com or Whatsapp: 0576270779