He has however managed to remain relevant in that field and has added other things up to his acting career over the years. As the actor celebrates another milestone today, February 3, 2019, YEN.com.gh would throw more light on his life and achievements as he turns 35.
1. Actor Dumelo first received his big break as a seven-year-old in 1991 when the producers of GAMA films wanted children who would be suitable for roles in their film ‘Baby Thief.He appeared on several Ghanaian television programs including but his popularity reached a higher level when he made the transition from the small screen to the big screen. He has managed to stay relevant all these years. He has won several awards to that effect.
2. Politician During the 2016 electioneering period, John Dumelo made his love for politics known as he openly declared his support for the National Democratic Congress (NDC). He campaigned massively for the NDC during that period. Fast-forward t 2018, he declared his intention to contest for the Ayawaso West Wuogon parliamentary seat when the Member of Parliament for that constituency died. He however pulled out of the race in order to pursue another seat in Ho come 2020.
3. Farmer Agriculture, they say is the grass-root of of the economy. Not only does John Dumelo involve himself in politics, but has decided to go into farming. He is a strong advocate for farming because he believes in eating what we row as a nation.
View this post on Instagram
A vibrant, sustainable and resilient agriculture sector is vital for sub-Saharan Africa’s economic future. Africa is home to nearly half of the world’s uncultivated land that can be brought into production. Together with abundant resources, vibrant youth population and strategic investments , Africa can be the bread basket of the world. It’s time we the youth take charge and develop a passion for agriculture. The future awaits us…..#proudfarmer #youth #Africa #itstime
4. Clothing line The actor has gotten himself a clothing line where he produces caps, tee shirts and hoodies. His clothing line is called ‘jmelo’ clothing.The name of his clothing line is blended from both his first and last names.
Latest Ghana News Headlines
For today’s latest Ghana news, visit our headlines page Ghana news headlines.
5. Parenthood Late 2018, John Dumelo welcomed the birth of his first child with a lot of joy. Some people would definitely count children as part of their lifetime achievement. John Dumelo was not left out as he welcomed his son, as he shared a photo of himself with passionate message on his social media platforms.
View this post on Instagram
John Jnr @johnd_jnr I’m glad you have finally arrived. It’s been months, weeks, days and hours of waiting…..You look just like we imagined. Infectious smile, bright eyes, curly hair and chocolate skin. Before I get all emotional and write a whole book, lemme let you have these few words to guide you. You can do anything you want and be whoever you want to be just like how my dad allowed me to explore…. Never give up. Always aspire to be better and do better than before. Be a beacon of kindness and truth in this world. Don't have hate in your heart or carry grudges. It is not worth the time and effort it takes when there are so many things in this world to enjoy and love. Do not let others influence who you choose to be, both as a person and in a career, because it is not their life to live, it is yours and it is the most beautiful thing. Think outside the box JJ. Be a risk taker just like I am and don’t be afraid to fail. Failure gives you experience. Use that experience to conquer the world. Let God be your best friend and let Him guide your steps. I will start reading the Bible to you soon and that’s when you will understand how mysterious God works. And one last thing….I really don’t know how to change diapers, so please don’t laugh when that’s happening. I want to be better than my father….and I want you to be greater than me. Love, John Setor Dumelo, your Dad.
6. Marriage There comes a time in a man’s life when he has to hang his player boots and take the responsibility or duty of coaching his own team. That is exactly what actor John Dumelo did. He decided to get married early 2018 in a very private ceremony in Accra. YEN.com earlier found out that he married the lady because she was a few months pregnant with his child. All the same the actor did a honorable thing by getting married to her. He has however achieved something alot of people find difficult to do.
Do you have a news item that should be featured on My News Ghana?
Please send to [email protected]. For advertisement enquiries, partnerships, complaints etc. please call +233 0545064096