Tears flow as cooking gas explosion kills beautiful university graduate (Photos)

0

Several stories of how gas explosions have killed many has been reported on social media but unfortunately, people still fall victims of this unfortunate incident.

It is the joy of every parent to reap the fruits of their labor but such was not the case of Mildred Amadi’s parents. The young lady reportedly died following a cooking gas explosion which took place on Thursday, December 27, 2018.

Gas explosion kills female University of Calabar graduate awaiting NYSC (photos)

Amadi was a fresh Computer Science graduate from the University of Calabar (UNICAL). She reportedly died on Saturday morning, January 12.

According to her cousin, Amadi, who was meant to go for her NYSC in March, had gone to braid her hair at a multipurpose hall in Rukpokwu Rumuiwechiorlu, Port Harcourt, Rivers state. While there, a boy was said to have turned on a camp gas and stepped out to get a lighter. Upon his return, he was warned against igniting the burner of the camp gas, since so much gas had already escaped.

 

However, the boy ignored the warnings and told them that nothing would happen. But immediately he ignited it, there was an explosion and late Amadi was badly affected. She was rushed to Bridgestone Hospital in Port Harcourt, where she died this morning. Her cousin further disclosed that the deceased was the only daughter of her mom, never wanted to make her hair but her mom persuaded her to so that she would look good.

Latest Ghana News Headlines

For today’s latest Ghana news, visit our headlines page Ghana news headlines.

Gas explosion kills female University of Calabar graduate awaiting NYSC (photos)

 

Source: Yen.com.gh

Do you have a news item that should be featured on My News Ghana? 

Please send to [email protected]. For advertisement enquiries, partnerships, complaints etc. please call +233 0545064096

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here